I couldn’t come up with much this week. Mostly from working too much at the day job and as much as possible on the new novel. However, the picture and the theme reminded me of the times my husband was away from me due to his being in the Army. So, I thought I’d take a stroll down memory lane and make a list of some of the sexy things I did for him while he was away.
1. When he was in boot camp, I made copies of the sexy scenes in whichever romance novel I was reading at the time and mailed them to him. His buddies appreciated the passages as much as he did. You’re welcome, boys!
2. When he was at AIT, the portion of training after boot camp, he asked that I make him some tapes of my “alone time”. So I did! Which reminds me, I need to ask him where those cassettes are….
3. When he was deployed there was a LOT of phone sex. Thankfully, he worked in the communications division so I got more calls from him than most military wives did during deployments. I still say every military wife should have stock in duracell!
Some things that brought me to realize more about me during his time in the military.
1. During his bootcamp he would make idle threats that if I didn’t behave while we were at our final station (Germany) that he could tell the gate guards not to let me leave the base. Basically grounding me. The idea that he could do something like that or that he would do something like that thrilled me to my toes- even if he was totally lying.
2. While he was away on one of his field operations I stumbled upon BDSM..well Gor, then BDSM…but everything made my eyes widen and my mouth water. I was hooked! Thank you internet!
I’m sure if he hadn’t gone in the military I would have found my way into the BDSM world, but I don’t know how long it would have taken or how it would have happened. Heck, I’m not even sure I would have married my husband…would I have gone away to college? Would we have lost touch? Thankfully, I don’t have to find out.
And thankfully my husband came home from every deployment. So many don’t.
My husband hates it when he is thanked for his service. I don’t get it. So, I won’t thank him (out loud anyway) I will tip my hat to all military service members and their families, though. You all rock and you do and sacrifice way more than anyone should ever be asked to do for their country.
Anyway…now not only have I not written a Flash Fiction piece…I’m not even on friday anymore!
Have a great weekend folks!