I found this Christmas meme over at Hermione’s blog and thought to give it a go this year. Feel free to take it to your blog, and be sure to post where we can find you!
1. Eggnog or hot chocolate? Small glass of Eggnog.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just put them under the tree? He wraps them most assuredly in paper that does not match anything else under the tree.
3. Colored or white lights on tree or house? The Tree has multicolored lights and white blinking lights..just like when I was a kid. The house has both lights as well.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope
5. When do you put your decorations up? The day after Thanksgiving it’s all taken out of the attic/garage and the tree is up and decorated that day.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Pierogi. We make them fresh for Christmas Eve so it’s a traditional day of cooking and then we have a great meal to boot.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Christmas Eve. We have a big party for Christmas Eve, Santa would stop by to give us a gift during our caroling. Each of us would take a turn to pick what song to sing. Every kid would pick Santa Claus is coming to town because that’s when Santa would arrive…so there was a lot of “Noo..not yet!” from the adults until it was time for the big event.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? My mother still maintains “Those that don’t believe, don’t receive!” However, my cousin clued me in when I was around 9.. he pointed out that another of our cousins was dressed up as Santa at our Xmas Eve party…I pieced the rest of it together after that.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We open one gift on Christmas Eve before heading to the family party.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Lights, variety of ornaments that are sentimental and pretty, most years I string popcorn and cranberries for the garland… haven’t done it yet this year though.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? The only day I want it is Xmas morning..then I want it to melt for good before we head out to Christmas Dinner with the in-laws.
12. Can you ice skate? Well….depends on your definition of “Skate”. I can stand on them, I can even move a little bit, but it won’t last long.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? As a kid it was my Toby Robot… It was a walking talking robot that shot a laser gun and everything.. I still have it. In fact it’s on my desk about two feet from where I currently sit.
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? The family time.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Pumpkin pie.
16. What tops your tree? Star
17. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving. On Christmas morning I am the last to open any presents. I want to watch the kids and hubby open theirs..then I’ll do mine.
18. Candy Canes – yuck or yum? Meh. Don’t care either way.
19. Favorite Christmas show? Used to be White Christmas with Bing Crosby now it is Polar Express… and I have not been able to watch either this year yet. I have a lot to do in the next few days!
20. What is your favorite Christmas song? Jingle Bell Rock