The primary purpose of this team is to generate reviews on Amazon. When there are lots of reviews, no matter the number of stars, Amazon makes the book more visible to others and the book has a better chance of getting in front of new readers.
Here’s what you’ll get:
- An advance copy of the book about 1-2 weeks before the publish date.
- The opportunity to purchase the book early, or at a discount after it goes live, as much as I can. Sometimes I can’t influence the price because of the publisher.
- You do not need to purchase the book, but Amazon give much more weight to “verified” reviews – reviews from folks who have bought copies.
What I would expect:
- Read the whole story for pleasure – you don’t need to look for errors.
- Write an honest review on Amazon and Goodreads within 3 days of publishing. I’ll send you the links and you can copy and paste from one to the other.
- No long prose needed, simple reviews are just as good. It’s as easy as “I liked it” or “Great read!”
- I do not expect 5* and will never remove you for giving me less!
- Like and Share posts about the book on Facebook as you see them.
Sound interesting? Here’s what you do:
- Fill out this form
- Check out the Q&A section just below, and email me with any questions or concerns that aren’t addressed.
- Enjoy reading!
What’s an ARC reader?
An ARC reader is gifted an Advanced Readers Copy of a book in exchange for an honest review. Amazon and Good Reads reviews are the most effective in getting my books out in front of new readers. If you ever need help in learning how to leave a review, please just let me know.
And I don’t expect paragraphs of prose. A review can be as simple as “I liked it” or “Good Read”.
Do you expect me to give you 5 stars every time? What if I didn’t like something about the book, and I don’t think it quite deserves 5 stars?
I don’t expect 5 star reviews every time. And I would never remove you from the list because you couldn’t give me a 5 rating.
What if I see an error in the book?
ARCs aren’t final copies and changes can still be made. If you find an error, please let me know right away so it can be fixed. My goal is to put out the best books possible, so I encourage you to point out something that doesn’t look right.
Signup to hear about exclusive offers, sneak peeks, release dates and more!
I don’t like bombarding inboxes, so you’ll only hear from me about twice a month.